June 29, 2003

CANADIAN TV WATCH

the CBC is showing Best in Show tonight at 8 (eastern).

also, Global has decided to air South Park episodes again!!!
i'm totally assuming these new episodes.
this is amazing news.

update: i just checked and these are the Fat Camp and Great Expectations episodes. which i've already seen.
hopefully they're working they're way up to newer episodes.


in other news, last night i happened. i finally decided to plop down - after almost three weeks of holding off on it - and listen to Radiohead's Hail to the Thief.
this was an amazing first listen. and i'm glad it blew me away like that. most first listens enjoy more tepid reactions. and i wasn't ready to be letdown by this and have to work my way up on it.
but it did. it worked on me.
it's not a fullblown classic in my mind yet. nor should it be. but it actually took me quite by surprise and i love that.


i never followed American Idol so don't expect me to follow Canadian Idol either -- but -- i keep coming across the show once in a while and they're still in the public auditions stage. and it fucking rocks! we got some talent, dudes! why am i sharing this with you, you ask? well, because last night one of the contestants just floored me. he simply floored me, i tell you. so i'm giving you a heads up. if you see or hear he's performing anywhere near you - throw yourselves over there and wait for the experience to begin.

this is Mikey Bustos -- actually, i just went on the Idol message board and some guys say you can find his audition on Kazaa. try it - it's worth it.
i would never talk about contestants like this but this guy just blew me away and i knew i had to share him with you guys.

Posted by Anonymous | 11:40 AM |