August 13, 2003

good morning, albatross. | me

well, i just realized it must have been quite a few days since i last blogged myself. shit. i don't have the energy (right now?).
but here goes for blogging's sake:

went to ottawa last weekend for the family gathering. it was extra nice. only my brother (who's out west) wasn't able to make it. saw cousins, aunts, and uncles i hadn't seen in quite a long time. it felt great. it felt like i had a real family i really belong to (closer to me i have my mom and her boyfriend). and my cousin is just the most beautiful girl you'll ever see. true.
apparently, my siblings felt the same way about not being able to do things together more often and are semi-planning stuff for our common future. cool.

my 15-minute record runner shopping spree resulted in the following:

arab strap - monday night at the hug & pint
calla - televise
el-p - fantastic damage
four tet - rounds
iron & wine - the creek drank the cradle
mogwai - happy songs for happy people

extra nice.
i had more hip hop albums on my list but they didn't have them. seems their hip hop section was kinda small compared to what i remembered it was.
i had to leave some albums there. it was getting a bit crazy. but how many times do i go down to ottawa anyway? had to do it for myself.

in other me news -- the fucking Radiohead show is in two days!!! i just really realized this this morning. lol. insane.

rentadvd.ca status -- i've been really excited about them lately, going in to check which films they sent me, etc (btw, they now have forums up. extra cool). so here's what i'm about to receive from them:

the life and death of colonel blimp
stranger than paradise
lost in la mancha

can't wait.

Posted by Anonymous | 10:22 AM |