October 22, 2003

and the winner is...

me.
who'd'a thunk it, right?

yep. tonight the roommate celebrated my birthday.
we watched hours 4 to 6 am of the second season of 24 - only two remaining and the roommate still doesn't know if her heart can take it.

then it was time for my gifts.

what she got me:

two 15-dollar certificates at the two best record stores in town (archambault and future shop). very cool. will come in handy for me - most probably tomorrow - basement jaxx, rza, peaches, ...

and then i wanted to guess the third gift. it was a cd. and after about 5 minutes of her playing with me i opened my eyes to see a jacques brel 2cd compilation. wtf? i mean, i like him as much as the next guy she said i'd mentioned the artist before. never have about brel. sorry. but, nah, she was kidding. she bought it for herself.

then she gave me the real gift cd. i asked (again) if it had a little (parental advisory) square in the corner. she said yes and i knew immediately.

kill bill vol. 1 :D

and yes, it has the whistling song. i had this song in my head last friday for about 2 hours at work. lol. told the roommate that and she told me she'd had it in her head at the football game last saturday :)

it also has some of the best musical cues in the movie. damn it's good.

Posted by Anonymous | 10:29 PM |