November 29, 2003

i rented terminator 3 late this afternoon (don't ask too many questions) because the roommate was 75% sure she'd be going out tonight.

nah. won't happen. weather's too bad out.

so we got into a fight. which she ended in the same way she usually does - by saying she'd spend the entire evening locked up in her room (oh my, how sad the martyr looks). but wait. i asked her if that's what she wanted to do, to spend the evening in her room. i just wanted to get it straight so she couldn't bring it up later on. she said that, no, she didn't wanna do that but i left her no choice. bullocks (i'm becoming english by this point). i told her i could watch the film later on tonight or tomorrow morning (not an ideal but doable nonetheless). anyway. she ranted on about me always doing this to her, etc etc. i flipped her off and told her to shut up and locked myself up in my room.

i was fuming. but i was determined to overcome this and enjoy what evening i still had left.

so i started reading nick hornby's "how to be good". just for fun and because i needed something new, something fresh to throw myself into. i just wanna make clear that there was no self-pity involved in this new plan. i wasn't pouting in my room. i was trying to enjoy myself. such is the new goal.

i'm telling you all this to get to this -- i just zipped through the first 90 pages of hornby's novel and i'm having a blast :) too bad im becoming weak with hungry or else i don't think i would've come out of my room for another couple of hours :)

this made me decide that i would get his previous books - adored filmed incarnations be damned. his writing's what matters to me now.

Posted by Anonymous | 7:36 PM |