January 01, 2004

okay, now i'm psyched.

i spent the entire morning looking up info on audio/video calibration discs because C&L has one of them on-sale today. i never thought much about calbration discs because, i thought, i can set my tv screen the way i want it, i know what i like. and anyway, i'll upgrade my tv when i want a better picture, this one sure ain't gonna get any better.

then i read some reviews; and then some more; until i got it. these discs are more than just your average thx-optimizer. it's almost like having a professional come into your home and fine-tuning your audio/video settings. pretty neat.

after much deliberating, i settled on Digital Video Essentials. this one store has it. but i also have a gift card from Future Shop -- and i just found out that they have it (at least, their website does; gonna have to go to the actual store to find out) and i'd only have to spend about $2 of my own money to own it after the gift card :)

i'm crossing my fingers.
and hopefully they're open today too :) that would so rock my world, to be able to calibrate my tv/amp tonight :)

update:

i also managed to find how to access my tv's service mode today!!! yippee!
i found out about the service modes hidden in tv's a few weeks ago but couldn't find out how to access my JVC 27"s secret menu; until earlier today :)
this is a great day, tv tuning-wise.

(only thing holding it back -- the roommate believe Future Shop, like most stores today, might be closed. dammit. today's my day off; it would've been great to be able to sit down for an hour, tweaking my tv settings to near-perfection :) (btw, if you thought your tint-color-brightness-etc controls on your tv were close to being enough, you have not seen your hidden menus. i counted 50 hidden controls for the picture alone! this is geek-heaven)

Posted by Anonymous | 12:26 PM |