February 17, 2004

Melissa Auf Der Maur interview from The Guardian.

excerpt:
When the Smashing Pumpkins' final world tour came to an end in December 2000, Auf Der Maur had been on the road for two years and needed to live "a non-planned-out year". She spent it in New York's Chelsea Hotel, dabbling in light-hearted, one-off bands and planning her solo album. She's now back in Montreal. "Obviously I was very concerned about the American political situation," she says. "It's an absolute must that we get rid of that president. I felt like a hypocrite because I complained about it non-stop and my American friends were saying, 'Well if Canada's so great, why don't you go back?' I'm a very proud Canadian. It's a very underrated country but I think that's what keeps it special."

[ thanks to the montreal city weblog ]

Posted by Anonymous | 11:19 AM |