November 25, 2004

things seem to be going well for me this week.

especially with my car. see, earlier this week i had an appointment to get my winter tires on and make an oil change (that was due for close to a thousand km). the night before my appoinment my driver's side doorlock stopped working (i had to use the passenger side to lock/unlock my car) and then, when i pulled out my key, it fell out of the door handle. lol. i had my tires done, oil changed, and then i reluctantly called up the Volkswagen dealership for the door lock. i know we're not supposed to go to dealerships because their prices are crazy, but for something like this i wanted to go right to the source and get it over and done with. so the appoinment i managed to get was at 7:50 fucking am this morning!! lol. urgh. way too early for me. and they couldn't even tell me if they'd have the part for it or not. but, now i'm back, and $83 later things are all taken care of and everything's brand spanking new! i love it. (btw, this was my first run-in with Volkswagen and let me tell you something - they know how to take care of their customers: newspapers, tv, free coffee/juice/soft drinks. i loved it.)

and tonight's my last shift of the week because tomorrow i'm going to see The Pixies live in Montreal :) i called up the friend i'm going with last night and he offered to drive up tomorrow afternoon so we can spend some time in Montreal. love it. the weekend is here, baby!

hey, anyone wanna sell me on Gwen's Love, Angel, Music, Baby? i've been tempted as the lead single was catchy enough the one time i heard it, and the list of producers is mighty impressive. Future Shop has it for $11.99.

update, 9:58 am: and apparently my day just got even better!!

i just called up Dell's Customer Service line to get some real facts about my order (i can't get to it online and haven't even gotten one damn email from the guy who's in charge of my order) -- my system is already in the final stage of production!!! it will be shipped tomorrow (from the US, though? weird. i hope that means Dell Canada is gonna get it. i hope i'm not going to have to pay custom charges on that thing. nope. i just called Customer Service, got the lovely Joan again, and the system is shipping from the US to Toronto and then they're shipping it to me with Purolator :) so no custom charges for me). yay! she also gave me the correct order number and now i can finally follow my order online :P this is cool stuff, people. cool stuff...

Posted by Anonymous | 9:13 AM |