December 19, 2004

how do you get over an ex?

seriously. i still catch myself going outta my mind a little and it's fucking torture. granted it's not as bad as the weekend we left each other but i'm still finding myself missing her. i don't wanna forget her completely because i go on with our friendship. but it seems i'm taking a long fucking time getting over her. i was doing okay late last week (pre-party time). but yesterday was kinda awful. the department i'm doing at work is ideal for getting wrapped up in your own thoughts and that wasn't cool at all. it's only been a week since we broke, but still, we were together for a month and a half, for fuck's sake. one of the reasons i wasn't feeling it was that i didn't feel too intense a connection between the two of us. i finally went out running this morning. the streets are filled with crushed snow and it felt good. i guess what would calm me down would be to know what she is feeling right now, about us. she seems quite mum about it. she lets me talk about it and kinda agrees, but either she's always like this and not opening up much or she's keeping things inside because she doesn't wanna share them with me (right now). she's outta town until tomorrow night and i won't be seeing her before wednesday evening. that gives us some space. but i'll definitely be asking her (again) what she thinks of the situation and how we're going about it.

comments, thoughts, and experiences would definitely be appreciated :) thanks.

ps. at least i was able to talk to the ex-ex last night about my situation (again - she was there for me last weekend when i broke up with the girlfriend. i left work early last night because i was slightly going out of my mind and my shit was done. i was also hoping i'd be able to get in touch with her (the ex-ex. she lives three hours away from here). she was also going through some personal stuff of her own so we were able to be there for each other for an hour.

Posted by Anonymous | 12:54 PM |