December 05, 2004

Shaun of the Dead
Edgar Wright, 2004

8.5
wow. what a refreshingly smart, funny, and incredibly entertaining film that was! i know, i know. nothing new to report. but i just wanted to share my thoughts. a friend lent me a copy of the film. i wanted to mess around with my new dvd-rom player but had nothing to put on. i started checking out how the controls worked with this film but i ended up watching the whole damn thing on my 17" monitor while sitting straight on my not-too-comfortable chair. the film is funny. that's all i can say. and it's coming to (region 1) dvd december 21 so make sure you rent it. a bloody good time - no pun intended (and watch out for some cool surprises). btw, Simon Pegg, who plays Shaun and who co-wrote the script, must be commanded for his performance and a great script. and, Edgar Wright keeps things flowing really smoothly for what is essentially a zombie flick with nothing new to bring to the table. it definitely fooled me.

Posted by Anonymous | 4:55 PM |