February 01, 2005

today was a good day for me. i went to the sports store and finally got my North Face tuque. actually, i think it wasn't this one we'd seen but we couldn't find it. this one fit quite nicely so we went with it instead. i wasn't sure at the time; that's why i brought the ex with me, so she could give me a second opinion, but i'm actually loving it right now. the slightest hint of possible regret that was there when i purchased it has since evaporated. then i went to Future Shop to see if they had a couple of cd's i'd seen for next to nothing online -- small releases so that was a nice surprise but i wasn't sure they'd even have them. futureshop.ca was out of them. well, it took a bit of browsing but i walked out of the store with the lone copies of:

Ed Harcourt - Strangers [ the north american release has a bonus track | $10.99 ]
Jimmy Chamberlin Complex - life begins again [ $14.99 ]

not bad, uh? i couldn't believe prices that low for such low-key releases. oh, as we were leaving my apartment to go shopping, i saw the mailwoman coming back to our mailbox (i'd seen her drop off stuff earlier this morning but only had a bill to show for it) and then walk towards my apartment. she saw me back out of the driveway and, lo and behold, she started walking towards me with a smile. i got out of the car and she handed me a package ... from Saddle Creek :)

Bright Eyes - LIFTED or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
Bright Eyes - Digital Ash in a Digital Urn

all hail great sunny winter days.

Posted by Anonymous | 3:13 PM |