March 15, 2005

good morning, all :) how are you doing? i'm doing mighty fine, myself. oh. i see that i haven't talked to you about something i thought i'd mentioned. see, the ex-roommate found this iPod this weekend. believe me, i know, but she really did (one time she found Versace sunglasses in a girl's bathroom in montreal :) but she was definitely interested in it and wanted to keep it for herself and wasn't about to give it to me. until last sunday, that is. she couldn't find the on switch and it had no earphones or plugs of any kind on it. it looked dead but she wanted to bring it to me so i could check it out. then she told me something that got me incredibly excited -- she was considering selling it to me :D i'm not as gung-ho as i was for that brief two-week period last year when i wanted to buy one because a coworker had bought his and brought it to work (it was a beauty). but damn, the fact that she was considering selling it to me (cheaper than the $400 pricetag, of course) made me giddy and jumpy :) and today's the day she's bringing it to me. so last night i talked to my friend who's got one and asked him a bunch of questions. he thinks either the battery needs to be recharged (easy) or just a nice formatting (also easy). he also has an extra USB/Firewire cable for me :) he's gonna bring all that tonight at work so we can see if the iPod works (but he showed me how to format it when i get it today). the roommate told me it's a 15 gb iPod. i just checked it out online and that means it's a 3rd generation (4th are the minis). holy fucking hell! there's no way the battery's dead :D yay! i would have been content with a 1st generation but this is beyond cool. hopefully nothing inside has been damaged. we'll know in a couple of hours :)

Posted by Anonymous | 9:12 AM |