March 19, 2005

got a bit of scare yesterday. to sum it up -- yesterday afternoon i burned a dvd, then after that i tried to go online but the connection stopped as a high buzzing noise replaced the dial tone and my computer froze. a blue screen came up and informed me of the problem -- this file, intelC52.sys, was causing the problem. it told me of a few options i had but none worked. this was frustrating because i saw myself bringing the computer in for the weekend and i didn't want that. plus, i had some stuff i was following online. after a few more tries (turn on, dial up the connection, it freezes, turn the computer off again; repeat) i turned it off for the day and went to worked pissed as hell. today i thought i'd give my iPod friend from work a call (he's got a bit more knowledge about computers than i do). hopefully this would be nothing and he would know exactly what to do. but i feared he wouldn't know and i'd have to bring it in anyway. well, what do i know? my friend didn't even have to come by. i told him about my problem on the phone (the dude was on the bus). he wasn't sure about the exact problem but he guided me through a couple of easy steps (uninstalling the modem) and told me to restart the computer and try it again. folks -- it worked. :D i was beaming. you have not seen joy like this. all my fears disappeared and i was flying. i was back on again. (and it feels damn good.)

Posted by Anonymous | 12:37 AM |