May 07, 2005

hi, i spent the afternoon with the roommate. took a long walk, did some shopping, then stopped at my mom's on my way home to surprise her with flowers for Mother's Day :) sweet gesture, i know ;) i wasn't a momma's boy when i was growing up. i got along fine with my her but she and my brother had a closer bond. and i was fine with it. but these past few years have been good to me. i'm finding out, now that i've been out on my own and settling into what feels like the start of my real adult life, that i'm instinctively more understanding towards my mother than i've ever been, and that these small gestures are actually coming to me quite naturally. i've surprised myself a lot over the past 5 or 6 years. and that's one of the many reasons i love growing up.

i just got home. got some KFC as a guilty pleasure. the last time i ate KFC was at least a full year ago, if not more. and i got sick for two days. lol. we'll see how my body reacts this time around :)

hmm. i have a dilemma. Criterion are releasing The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou this tuesday (get the 2-disc set). of course i pre-ordered it. i'm not a fool. but Future Shop is giving away free red tuques to customers who buy the film. the sets are only a buck more than what i'm getting it online for. but the hats? hmm. i don't know. the ones on the poster don't look too good. and i don't need another tuque. okay. done. i'm going ahead with the existing pre-order.

Posted by Anonymous | 6:21 PM |