October 24, 2004

wow. so yesterday i was going to my mom's house so she and her boyfriend could take me out to a restaurant to celebrate my birthday. then i get to her house and my uncle, who i haven't seen in months (maybe a year?) is there waiting for me when i come in :) nice surprise. anyway. we're in the living room, my mom takes my coat - wtf? it's cool. she asks if she can open the bottle of champagne. again - what? she bought it on her trip and thought it would be a good idea to open it now, since it's my birthday and all. alright. as i'm talking to her and my uncle, her boyfriend's in the kitchen and i hear something that sounds like a quiet radio over there or near their bedroom. wtf? i don't hear it anymore. i keep talking and i hear a faint sound again. then i look in the kitchen and i see my mom's boyfriend over there ... and somebody else's arm!! i thought - that's it, my brother's flown over like that i was secretly hoping :P but i can't even finish the thought when i see one of my coworker friend's face appear out of the kitchen. uh?? lol :D then another, and another, and another. about 7 of them file out with champagne glasses :P that was cool. so we spent about two hours talking in the living room (and listening to my mom's recollection of her trip ;) so around about 7-7:30, i realize that they just came to get a drink and some food but they won't come to the restaurant with us because most of them had stuff already planned. okay. it's cool. it's mighty nice of them to have come all the way to my mom's house, which is way outside of the city, just to spend some time and wish me happy birthday even though most of them had already told me on friday at work.

they get ready to go and then there's A - she was in the bathroom so she's the only one of my friends without her coat on already. she says she doesn't have anything planned after this but she doesn't have a car to get back home if she stays back. i offer her a ride home afterwards (i'm always giving her ride to and from work anyway; and i like it :) she accepts the offer and is the only one of my friends to stay behind :P yay!! nothing could have been more perfect even if it had been planned. a very weird coincidence, that. and - it happened in front of all my coworker friends. lol. can't wait to see if they're gonna talk to me about tomorrow night :P so yeah, she came with us to the restaurant (a mighty fine restaurant too; i got me some schrimp and chicken pasta). i was happy about that. she is the one i've talked about considering pursuing something with - or not. so dinner was nice and my uncle was funny. after about two hours, we left. she and i were the first ones in the car, side by side (three in the back of the car, so we were squished together :) and before anyone else got in the car i leaned into her arm and told her i was happy she came with us. she said she was happy while giving my arm a tight squeeze :) i thought that was sweet. so we went back to my mom's house (story's almost over, bear with me :) and got in my car and i drove her back home. oh! something else which made her staying back with us even more sweeter - she was working at 7 in the fuckin' morning! anyway. so we drove back to her place but once we got to her apartment she didn't get out of the car :) we talked and talked and talked and talked. froze our feet off. listening to Sheryl Crow's The Globe Sessions (about 4 fuckin' times). i swear to god, i think we left my mom's place around 9:30. and when she got out of the car and left, i started my car and saw that it was 1:30 in the morning!!! :D i believe we talked (about anything, really, and mostly goofed off, the girl's got an incredible imagination and kept spinning silly stories about anything) for about three and a half hours - in a fuckin' car (fogging up the windows :)! it didn't feel nearly as long as that, though. so, yeah. that's it. we gave each other two kisses on the cheeks and she went home. that's it. i'm still not sure about her (although, i do know i didn't get a big, definite 'yes' sign on my part). still confused. i would have loved to have leaned over and kissed and held her. definitely. but a relationship? still not sure about that. i felt an affectionate vibe, but i'd need a bigger vibe, or sign, than that to pursue her. we'll see :) at least, last night's adventures helped us along if we wanna take it that way at some point :)

and i don't know if she's interested in me. of course she's a little bit interested; she didn't stay behind because she had nothing else to do - she at least wanted to stay with us/me. and she finally learned that i play guitar :) she showed me her place out wednesday and i saw all the guitar cases strewn about. none of them were hers but she's starting to get good at playing. so we talked about that and songs we were learning. it was cool. her sense of humor and playfulness also reminded me of this girl i 'went out' with a few years ago whom i had a crush on. so that's it. the long-ass conversation in the car last night, if it did not help me make up my mind about her and a probable us, at least made me know her a bit more. and hopefully she also got to know me a bit more. argh. lol :)

so that's it. that was my birthday dinner with my mom! :P

Posted by Anonymous | 10:30 AM |